OrgMode on my iPhone: MobileOrg and Dropbox
In one of my last year posts I wrote about using Org-Mode for organizing your projects and your notes/todo’s with links to your files. I am now using org-mode for lots of things but especially for my todo’s. Now this works fine if my notebook is up and running, but sometimes I want to have a look at those org-files without firing up my notebook. I use an iPhone and Richard Moreland developed a nice app (see http://mobileorg.ncogni.to/) that works together with dropbox (http://www.dropbox.com/).
It has some nice features:
- Support for Dropbox or WebDAV as a transfer mechanism
- Org files are stored offline and available anywhere
- Complete editing support, including editable headings, body text, todo state, tags and priority.
- Note-taking facility built in, including offline support
- Full-text search, or search by keyword (TODO, DONE, WAITING) or by tag (errand, office)
- Mark nodes as done, or flag them with an optional note for reference later
- Document view of your outlines, for reading document-style Org files with long body text
- Powerful support for linking between Org files
Here are some printscreens from my iPhone (by the way: printscreens can be produced by pushing the on/off and home button at the same time).